WANT TO SEE MORE SETS?
Want a specific set, but aren't comfortable donating? That's OK! In that case the most helpful thing to do is to gather and send me the following three data points about the set you'd like added. First, find good photos of the front and back of all variations of the pack art. I've had good luck with front art at Bulbapedia; back art tends to come from eBay listings. Second, watch enough YouTube pack openings to determine the exact rarity order (see Rules below for examples). Third, find the chances of holos, secret rares, reverse holos, and any other quirk about the set. If I have all that information, it will be easy to add your set.
Please do note that I won't add any sets that are currently being monetized by the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. I'm strictly interested in historical preservation, and re-creating the experience of opening these packs.
FOUND A BUG?Email me directly and I'll add the issue to my backlog. Be sure to include which browser and platform you were using, as well as what you were doing when it happened. Bonus points if you include a screenshot.
WANT TO REQUEST A NEW FEATURE?Many of the features on the simulator, especially in the original version, were user requests. Let me know what you'd like to see, and I'll see if I can add it.
If you're submitting a new card distribution rule, check the list below to see what's already been implemented.
Current as of 2/11/2021, from most to least recent:
- Added "new" marker to most recently pulled cards in grid view. Marker can be manually removed by zooming in on card (left click) or right-clicking on card.
- Added sticky button controls and delete button for all cards in row and grid view.
- Added grid view, which is sortable. Resized cards in row view. Added alphabetical sorting and set sorting.
- Added ability to delete packs in row view: flip the pack art, and then click the delete button. Switching between row view and single pack view retains selected sorting option.
- Single pack view keeps sorting option when switching back from row view. Reverse holos display properly in zoom mode.
- Easter egg for secret rares.
- Fixed holo links for aquapolis and skyridge.
- Fixed bug when switching from row view to list view (cards were always the first pack pulled, not necessarily matching the pack art). Added random pack option. Fixed missing back of pack art for aquapolis and neo destiny. Accounted for H numbered holos in aquapolis and skyridge when sorting by card number.
- Fixed duplicate reverse holo bug in legendary collection; display e-card series holo effect in row view.
- Added legendary collection, including reverse holo images collected by ChaoticMeatball (thanks!!).
- Added crystal rare odds for aquapolis and skyridge.
- Re-integrated e-card series.
- Added zoom for single pack view, confetti burst for holo rare and secret rare pulls.
- Improved styling for mobile devices. Updated about page for new set request submission process.
- Pack art can be flipped to view the back side in row view.
- Archived old site. Complete code revision and ui overhaul for main site.
- Holographic cards: 1/3 packs
- Secret rare (Team Rocket): 1/60 packs
- Shining Pokémon (Neo Revelation): 1/12 packs
- Shining Pokémon (Neo Destiny): 1/18 packs
- Crystal rare (Aquapolis): 1/36 packs
- Crystal rare (Skyridge): 1/18 packs
= rare = uncommon = common
Cards will appear in the following order by default:
- Base: 7 commons (2 of which are energy), 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Jungle: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Fossil: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Base 2: 3 uncommons, 5 commons, 1 rare, 2 energy
- Team Rocket: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Gym Heroes: 6 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 1 energy
- Gym Challenge: 6 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 1 energy
- Neo Genesis: 1 energy, 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 6 commons
- Neo Discovery: 3 uncommon, 1 rare, 7 commons
- Neo Revelation: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Neo Destiny: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Legendary Collection: 2 commons, 1 uncommon, 2 commons, 1 uncommon, 2 commons, 1 uncommon, 1 rare, 1 reverse holo
- Expedition Base: 5 commons (holo pull replaces 5th common), 1 reverse holo (any rarity), 1 regular rare, 2 uncommons
- Aquapolis: 5 commons (holo pull replaces 5th common), 1 reverse holo (any rarity), 1 regular rare, 2 uncommons
- Skyridge: 5 commons (holo pull replaces 5th common), 1 reverse holo (any rarity), 1 regular rare, 2 uncommons
DUPLICATESDuplicates have been prevented in the simulator, since they aren't meant to occur in physical packs. In the original 11 sets, it is possible to pull two of the same Pokémon, but not with the identical art or card number. In expedition base set, it is possible to pull three of the same Pokémon with the same art and card number, but of different rarity tiers: holographic, reverse holographic, and regular rare.
There is, however, one exception of which I am aware. Duplicates are frequent and idiosyncratic in Legendary Collection packs. This has not been implemented in the simulator yet.
MACHAMPYou can't pull a Machamp from base set. But you already knew that.
This website is not produced, endorsed, supported, or affiliated with Nintendo or The Pokémon Company.
SPECIAL THANKS TO
- The Pokémon TCG Developers API, in particular its excellent data set. Most of the card images you've seen are hosted by them.
- The rest of the card images are hosted at PkmnCards, an invaluable Pokémon card search tool.
- The comprehensive wiki Bulbapedia, where some of the pack art was obtained.
- Textcraft for the custom Pokémon font.
- Kiril Vatev's Canvas Confetti npm project.
- Scott Schiller's Fireworks.js.